Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate||Spoken Word - YouTube

Another gem posted by a friend,,,

I think the real irony is being lost on us all.  I have been sitting reading comments from both sides of the isle and this one line from the poem caught me,

"Exams are society's methods of telling you what you're worth but you can't let society tell you what you are,,,"

I think the point that Suli Breaks was making was, boiling down a student's minds to single letter/number is done only because it's always been done that way (at least within the confines of modern education), we simply lack the imagination to change it,,,think Patch Adams as portrayed by Robin Williams, the scene where he is defending and defining what it is to be a doctor: what it means to practice medicine,,,totally outside the box!!

Education is important, and yes in some careers credentials are necessary, they both tell a story of who you are and where you came from; they are the back story to our life story.  But in some instances they have caused us to complacent and lazy as we shove kids into our own paradigm of what it means to be successful,,,

As a sage friend recently quipped concerning a separate incident, "I dunno if that is a good thing or just really scary how easy it is to settle in life instead of reaching out and accomplishing the things we want ,,,"

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate||Spoken Word - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment