Friday, February 28, 2014

Mr. Dino Files Libel Complaint Against RationalWiki

This man never gives up!  A little birdy delivered this gem to me early (like 6 am) this morning so I took a quick look just to humor myself.  What my non-legal mind saw besides the horrid writing.

This is speculation on my part, but I'm guessing these are the two points of contention (see #4 of Dino's complaint):
Kent "Dr. Dino" Hovind is a young Earth creationist and convicted tax fraudster from,,,

[,,,]
Hovind has filed numerous legal claims with Matthews' help, including fraudulent liens on property the US government seized for his debt. The judge ruled Hovind had to no right to file the claims on the property and the filings were made in bad faith. The US Attorney is seeking to hold Hovind in criminal contempt and announced: "The United States Attorney's Office is ready to immediately appoint a criminal prosecutor to the case for any further action that this Court deems necessary."[30] It seems as real possibility that Hovind can be in prison for even longer for criminal contempt.
So I went back to my source (Robert Baty, who has been following Hovind's antics quite closely) and asked if these liens, were deemed fraudulent by the Court or is Dinoman ignoring the Court's determination and playing with words? The reply received:
The Court told him to get lost as to his Lis Pendens suit and the prosecutor suggested the Court determine Kent was in criminal contempt and the only thing with any effect on him would be more time to serve.

As far as I can tell, but I may have to check again more closely, the Court has yet to rule on the criminal contempt issue.
A second point I noticed, his complaint is based in #13, 17 and 18a.

What I find interesting considering his association with Hansen and Matthews, he is using "sovereign citizen" type tactics and is sounding like Lauren Hill and Wesley Snipes. (We all know how well their dip into tax protestation turned out.) Does he have "real" lawyers?  Does he realize he is just causing more issues for himself or is he that deluded?

To which Baty replied, "He files everything pro se and keeps his legal team identities secret except that Hansen and Matthews have come out as appearing to be two of the five,,,I hear it is a symptom of Narcissistic Personality Disorder to maintain one's position in face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary."

All banter aside, this will prove to be interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment