Thursday, September 4, 2014

BREAKING: Obamacare Death Panels Have Arrived, First Patient Executed Today |

This is another one of those WTF moments. Although with this one, even though I disagree with the conclusions reached in the article I can "see" where the twisted reasoning is coming from.

So again I was trolling my news feed (shocking) and this headline popped.
BREAKING: Obamacare Death Panels Have Arrived, First Patient Executed Today
Followed by this comment.
Everyone qualifies for Affordable Health Care, unless you are really sick...
Now I have my views concerning the PPACA and y'all are going to have yours. I'm not arguing for or against. What I would like to point out is how "gullible" (to borrow from The Bashful Bloviator) people can be and why it is so important to do honest fact checking and not accept something (a headline or article) and then push it as "fact" just because it fits your preconceived notions, "They always let you know what's happening before they roll it out."

But I digress and I'm totally off-topic,,,

So today whilst waiting for one of my pod-casts to go live a friend posted this,
Betty White is ALIVE all of you posting she is dead..its a hoax!
(Supposedly White DYED whilst doing her hair). Which brought me back to the above headline and attached article, also a hoax which I confirmed in less than 30 seconds. Not only is it a hoax but the original article has been plagiarized, chopped and altered according to Carr:
The American News version deleted a line from the original claiming the woman was to be executed by firing squad, in order to make it sound more believable.
The strange apologetics began when I pointed that "fact" out after discovering for myself that The Daily Currant, a known satire site, was the first entry in my search. Carr's site was number 3 or 4. Nice to have my sanity verified.

James Kosur at B2C concludes his piece about Betty White with these wise words, "If nothing else, this hoax further proves that a lot of those social shares from your friends are from stories they never even read. Talk about a rousing endorsement for social sharing… or not."

BTW, a bit of synchronicity ",,,86-year-old Dorothy Zborknak has been ordered to death. The reason? According to the administration, she is no longer useful." Bea Arthur is already dead,,,lol,,,and who can forget "the Golden Girls."

BREAKING: Obamacare Death Panels Have Arrived, First Patient Executed Today |

See also: Known US based satire sites that I am aware of:
You world be surprised by the number of people "offended" by "the juvenile antics and internet graffiti" these sites report on. Obviously some individuals do not understand satire.

No comments:

Post a Comment