Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I am sick and tired of reading and hearing,,,

I'm taking a we bit of a break from posting to work on a, now major, piece in response to Stephen L. Anderson's vile "sermon."  What started out as just a "simple response" has now turned into a 15,000+ word diatribe and it is getting longer as my ire continues to rise.  I am sick and tired of reading and hearing certain individuals throwing words like "homo","fagot", "dyke" and "queer" around in a manner to dehumanize other people.

I am sick and tired of these same individuals who then use the Bible (and their religion) to justify their stance whether it be a simple condemnation - love the sinner, hate the sin - or the vitriol spewing forth from people like Anderson, Swanson, Manning, Livley, LaBarbera, Barber, Staver, Klingenschmitt, yada yada,,,.

I know there are many within the Church that find these words of hate despicable; some have come out in condemnation.  But until these leaders take a bold stand and seriously consider and preach the work of Matthew Vines, David Gushee, Rev. Dr.Mel White (Soulforce), and many others I am not familiar with, we will remain at a stand still.  The "Us vs Them war" will continue.  Fuck the "War on Christmas" we have bigger issues to take care of

I can't change the Church, all I can do is attempt counter the crap being put forth and bring to the fore the shit being preached.  That is what I am hoping to do as I continue to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment