Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Due to a health emergency,,,The Warning Signs of Stroke

I will have to place Havoc and Chaos on a semi-hiatus,,,

To put it bluntly I am suffering from the after-effects of stroke like symptoms caused by stage II hypertension and have lost partial use of the right side of my body. This includes my right eye (double vision, which is making reading and writing extremely difficult.) This was unexpected and came about with no warning (or warnings I may have ignored.)

Although I will not be posting as much, I do plan to continue with projects at a much slower pace (if I am able) and sharing the wacky shit coming from the Reich via twitter (@dune9998) if you are interested. There is no time table as to when I will be able to return as I'm only in day two of this whole mess and it is new territory to explore. 

Stroke Warning Signs

Sometimes symptoms of stroke develop gradually. But if you are having a stroke, you are more likely to have one or more sudden warning signs like these:
  • Numbness or weakness in your face, arm, or leg, especially on one side
  • Confusion or trouble understanding other people
  • Trouble speaking
  • Trouble seeing with one or both eyes
  • Trouble walking or staying balanced or coordinated
  • Dizziness
  • Severe headache that comes on for no known reason
A transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a "mini stroke" from a temporary blockage. Although a TIA doesn't cause permanent brain damage, it may cause stroke warning signs, which may last minutes or even hours. Think of this as a warning sign you shouldn't ignore.
OR (still being determined as the ER may have dropped the ball),,,
An ischemic stroke happens when a vessel supplying blood to the brain becomes blocked. It can happen for a variety of reasons. For example, fatty deposits in arteries ( atherosclerosis) can cause blood clots to form. Sometimes a blood clot forms in the heart from an irregular heartbeat called atrial fibrillation. It then travels to a place where it blocks an artery supplying the brain.
I thank you for your support and I do hope to see y'all on twitter,,,LLP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment