Sunday, March 6, 2016

'He made me do it': Jurors see confession in ritual toddler slaying trial | AL.com

Note:  This article can be graphic at times concerning details,,,

stephon lindsay.PNG

Jurors in an Etowah County murder trial this afternoon saw the taped confession of a man accused of hacking his daughter to death.

On a video played for the jury, Stephon Lindsay was heard saying "He made me do it," referring to his god, Yahweh, who he told police instructed him to kill his 20-month-old daughter Maliyah in 2013.

Today was the first day of testimony in the trial of Lindsay, 38, accused of killing his daughter, Maliyah Tashay Lindsay, almost three years ago in what some family members termed at the time a "ritual" killing.
,,,
His words interrupted by long pauses and long sighs, Lindsay told police he had cut his daughter's throat in a downstairs room of his apartment while the child's mother was asleep upstairs. He then said they would find the body of his daughter in a green bag in a wooded area near Gadsden's Tuscaloosa Avenue. He held her mouth as he killed her, he said, to keep her from screaming.

"I had to carry this out," he said, when asked by a detective if it was hard. "Yahweh has revealed every secret to me concerning the Scriptures...This is the only way. I tried to stay away. He was everywhere. I couldn't get away. It wasn't easy. It still troubles me. I'm not crazy. I didn't go off the deep end."

"Do you think she's better off?" the detective asked.

"Yes," he said. "Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. He told me that this present life, he said that it is death."

'He made me do it': Jurors see confession in ritual toddler slaying trial | AL.com

No comments:

Post a Comment