Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pastor outed on Ashley Madison commits suicide | Money - Home


"It was a moment that life doesn't prepare you for," she told CNNMoney. "I had to call my kids. How do you tell your kids that their dad is gone and that he took his own life?"

In his suicide note, Gibson chronicled his demons. He also mentioned Ashley Madison.

"He talked about depression. He talked about having his name on there, and he said he was just very, very sorry," Christi said. "What we know about him is that he poured his life into other people, and he offered grace and mercy and forgiveness to everyone else, but somehow he couldn't extend that to himself."
,,,
"It wasn't so bad that we wouldn't have forgiven it, and so many people have said that to us, but for John, it carried such a shame," she said.
I sit here contemplating.  Part of me says, "this what one get's for,,," I have no fucking clue.  Part of me,,,I am so very conflicted.  No one, regardless of where one stands on the religious spectrum, should feel guilt so strong that the only option is killing self.  If your religion ingrains such shame, it may be time to re-think what you believe.  

Tullian Tchividjian says he knows
"I could never really fully understand why people would take their own lives and while I have not been, thankfully by God's grace, tempted to do so, I for the first time understand why," Tchividjian said. "I get the desperation, I get the despair in a way that I never have."

He said an affair really forces any person, including church leaders to look at themselves and ask, "What kind of person did I become for me to do what I did, my wife to do what she did, where did I fail? Did I become something, someone I didn't see I was becoming?"
Uh, no sir you do not know!  You may think you know, but you do not know.  It is not "[w]hat kind of person did I become", but what kind of person you where perceived to be.  It was what type of person you were taught to be based on an ideal that never existed.
"While Pastor Tullian Tchividjian was deposed of his pastoral credentials, the South Florida Presbytery is committed to continuing to offer him pastoral care. Our goal in doing this is to both protect the integrity of the Church from which his credentials were given while, at the same time, wrapping Tullian in the grace offered by Jesus Christ to all those who confess sin, pursue repentance and desire restoration," the Presbytery noted in a statement on their decision.

Pastor outed on Ashley Madison commits suicide | Money - Home

No comments:

Post a Comment