Learning to identify the thought distortions and fixing them in my own life was one of the biggest challenges I faced in therapy. I remember learning about them back in the ole college days but knowing about them and doing something to change them is two different things.
We all have them, some more than others, it's how we answer these distortions that is important. I still have distortions, but when they arise they are usually fleeting, they no longer become absolutes.
The first two articles talk about identifying your distortions. The second two, how to challenge and "fix" the distortions.
10 Forms of Twisted Thinking
15 Common Cognitive Distortions
-----
Fixing Cognitive Distortions
Challenging Our Cognitive Distortions and Creating Positive Outlooks
Welcome to H&C,,, where I aggregate news of interest. Primary topics include abuse with "the church", LGBTQI+ issues, cults - including anti-vaxxers, and the Dominionist and Theocratic movements. Also of concern is the anti-science movement with interest in those that promote garbage like homeopathy, chiropractic and the like. I am an atheist and anti-theist who believes religious mythos must be die and a strong supporter of SOCAS.
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment