Sunday, March 20, 2011

Science vs. religion

"Religion and spirituality didn't go away just because organized religion has been losing its hold,,,[d]espite the noisy atheists, two trends in spirituality and science have started to converge. One is the trend to seek God outside the church,,, [t]he other trend is a growing interest by scientists in questions about consciousness."

In my mind spirituality does not equal religion. A person can be spiritual but not necessarily religious, I'm just not sure if I would fall into either category.

I am by no means a religious person, that much I am sure of. As to whether I am spiritual, I don't know, it's not something I have explored as of yet; at least not in any detail.

IMHO what Dr. Chopra is proposing runs into the realm of the metaphysical, it can't be proven/dis proven, it's thought, not science. Therein lays the problem. It's an interesting take this symposium he is advocating, but it can also be maddening at the same time. I look forward to the results.

My Take: Science and spirituality should be friends – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment