Sunday, March 20, 2011

Soothing to the savage beast

"Have you ever accidentally pulled your headphone socket out while listening to music? What happens when the music stops? Psychologists believe that our brains continuously predict what is going to happen next in a piece of music. So, when the music stops, your brain may still have expectations about what should happen next."

-----

"Music has a grammar, which, like language, consists of rules that specify which notes can follow which other notes in a piece of music."


I love my music from classical to rap. My friends know my moods based on what I'm listening to. If I am chilling usually soul music, if I'm at work and need to keep on movin,,,heavy metal works wonders. And yes, I do finish a piece in my head if I become disconnected.

How music 'moves' us: Listeners' brains second-guess the composer

No comments:

Post a Comment