Thursday, October 1, 2020

Overwhelmed

I generally do not talk about my personal struggles unless relevant.  Recently though things have changed.  Due to health issues, I have had to ask for help in securing adaptive technologies and assistance aids (things my insurance nor finances would allow for).   As some know I have had a third stroke and the hemiparesis is much worse this time.  I am not bouncing back like the past.  I am OK considering, but I am struggling physically.  Pretty much my right leg and arm are not functioning properly.

TBH I wasnt not expecting much of a response due to so, so many being in similar or worse situations.  It has only been a few days and already funding has come in. All I can say is thank you.

For transparency sake this is what I will be purchasing if my goal is met (I dont really know how much I will need total).  I am also exploring other suggestions as they come in for extra help in maintaining my independence.  Stuff I havent thought of to help

  • Dragon talk to text (secured funding)
  • Ergonomic keyboard (secured funding)
  • Ergonomic Mouse
  • Headset with mic (secured funding) - a want (although now a need thanks to fat bastard) for continued YT content and podcasting. Also necessary for use of talk to text.
  • Wheeled Walker (in process)
  • Wide grip utensils for cooking and eating.
  • Sock putter on thingy (not completely necessary but would be helpful)
  • Grabber (Im short and can no longer climb)
  • Wrist stabilizers( may or may not be necessary - taking a wait and see approach)
  • Magnifier eyeballs
  • Small Toaster Oven (not an immediate need but it makes cooking easier and less likely to burn food as  can set a timer to prevent over-cooking or burning food)
  • Small  Microwave (Also not an immediate need, actually still debating IF I need one. 
These are in no particular order.


If you donate and would like a receipt of what I purchase I will gladly send such!!


No comments:

Post a Comment